(ZARA coat, ALDO platforms)
Sunday, January 29, 2012
Saturday, January 28, 2012
These are my makeup must-haves. I've used and bought these same items for the last four years. They've never disappointed me.
- everyday minerals
- intensive base in fairly light neutral. I love this mineral makeup because it is truly made out of only minerals. no comedogenic talc. (mica, lauroyl lysine, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, iron oxide, and ultramarines)
- urban decay primer potion
- this primer makes any cheap eyeshadow last for hours. It intensifies the colors and prevents the colors from creasing
- fairy drops japanese mascara
- this mascara makes my lashes look longer and more voluminous better than any other mascara
- maybelline waterproof ultra liner liquid eyeliner
- this is the only waterproof liquid eyeliner, not water resistant, that I know of
- shiseido ruby red luster lip gloss
- this lipgloss is a favorite of mine, because it's not too pink and not too red. It's more like a reddish magenta. The consistency of this gloss is great too because it's super moisturizing without being too viscous such that your hair repeatedly sticks to your lips (like victorias's secret beauty rush or lancome juicy tubes)
- loreal paris infallible lipliner
- this lipliner is a twistable crayon and lasts for hours. It doesn't feather around the border of the lips late into the night.
Friday, January 27, 2012
Thursday, January 26, 2012
I've struggled with acne for over 16 years. I still battle it each day but feel like I somewhat have it under control now. These are my zit zapping secrets:
- ZENO heat treat salicylic acid treatment + massaging device
- I apply this treatment every night before bed to prevent breakouts. The salicylic acid penetrates deep into my pores and has a slight exfoliating effect to prevent dead skin debris from building up.
- ZENO heat treat acne treatment
- This is just a controlled device that distributes a concentrated amount of heat through a metal circle. It heats up hot enough to kill the bacteria that live surrounding your pimple, but not enough to burn your skin. I like it, because it doesn't irritate my skin as much as benzoyl peroxide or any other retinoid creams. It never leaves my skin feeling flaky with chemical residue. I always see results with this after two days of straight use. It doesn't always get rid of zits overnight but definitely makes them shrink upon ontact. This works best for comedone pimples (C).
- clearasil acne treatment cream
- This is a 10% benzoyl peroxide cream. I've experimented with a lot of many different kinds of benzoyl peroxide (clean and clear, benzaclin, neutrogena, Dan's acne gel). For some reason, I've found this specific brand to work a lot better than all the rest, even if it's the same concentration of 10%. I spot treat with this zit zapper on under-the-skin cysts (E) to help bring pus to the surface. This encourages white blood cells to attack the site of the bacterial infection.
- This is my miracle pill. I take 100 mg of this everyday. This is originally prescribed as a diuretic for people with high blood pressure. Formulated as a competitive aldosterone antagonist, it targets your adrenal glands and by some unknown mechanism, tends to have an anti-androgenic effect by blocking testosterone along the way.
- (+) side effects: enlarged breasts, noticeably less irritable, thinner body hair, thicker hair on the head, and no excess water weight
- (-) side effects: easily fatigued, dehydrated to the point where i have to pee 11 x's a day, and i get drunk after 1 alcoholic beverage
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Monday, January 23, 2012
- Purple Shampoo
- this shampoo deposits a little bit of purple pigments each time you wash your hair. This prevents your blonde locks from turning brassy yellow. It takes the yellow away and adds sparkle and shine
- Loreal Nature's Therapy Deep Conditioner
- I use this deep conditioning treatment twice a week. It does amazing things for my hair and makes my super bleached hair look even healthier before it was chemically processed.
- Ceramic & Ion Paddle Brush
- this brush evenly distributes the natural oils from my scalp to the bottom strands of my hair. It makes it super shiny and soft
- Silk Elements Heat Protectant Spray
- this spray prevents my hair from getting damaged by heat when blow drying, curling, and straightening.
Saturday, January 21, 2012
Friday, January 20, 2012
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Friday, January 13, 2012
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
I went to explore the Art Institute of Chicago yesterday. It's free admission all the month of January! It's pretty fun to come here with a group of artsy friends and see how many famous painters you can recognize right off the bat.
"Untitled" by Lee Bontecou
one of my favorite pieces in the new modern wing
(EXPRESS hoodie cardigan, ZARA silk star blouse, FOREVER 21 miniskirt TOPSHOP tights, Anne Klein Boots)